1:1 - is
simple and straight forward. It answers the questions of when,
who, and what.
there was disorder present.
creation was the result of God speaking. The result was there
God separates the light from darkness and names the light day and the
darkness night. We also have a time unit, day one.
the waters were separated; those above the expanse and those
below. Those above are referred to as heaven.
the waters below were gathered together and there was land and water.
God called the land earth and the waters seas.
- God said and it resulted in all kinds of vegetation, plants, and
tree. The seeds reproduces like kind. This is day three.
- Day four resulted in the two light we call sun and moon. There
were also the stars. Each had their purpose and function.
- On day five God created sea creatures for the seas and birds to fly
above the earth. Each was endowed to reproduce after its kind.
- God now creates livestock, creeping things and beasts. Again
each is endowed to reproduce after its kind.
- Continuing day six, God creates man in his own image, both male and
- God instructs the man and women he created be fruitful and multiple
and fill the earth. He gave them dominion over the fish, the
birds, and every living thing that moves on the earth. He
included purpose. Everything done was very good and thus
completes day six.
God rests on the seventh day. The seventh day is called holy
because He rested from all that he had done.